Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Japan!







Probably one of the coolest places I have ever been (and will probably ever go).


Best parts:

Sumo- Kotooshu is the best!
Fancy Chinese dinner with Atsushi
Hanging out with the English Class students :)
Hot baths
Not so good parts:

Rush hour on the Tokyo subway
Air pollution- my lymph nodes were so inflamed it actually hurt
Coming back to the US

Best food:

Soba yaki
Shark fin soup
Tako yaki
Sushi
Steak
Daifuku

Not the greatest tasting stuff:

Ginger- never liked it and came with every meal
Sea urchin- it's like taking a bite out of the ocean
Duck skin sandwich :(

Things I noticed:

-Hardly anyone has dryers. I guess it's more fun spending money on cool cellphones and technology than something as mundane as a clothes dryer.
-PATIENCE. Everyone has patience with one another. There's not pushing, rudeness, shouting, or angry honking.
-Sleeping on the subway is an acceptable way to pass time.
-People like to give gifts (a good thing) but I was overwhelmed with too much kindness :)
What I'm going to miss:

The people- some of the nicest and coolest people I have ever met
Food- delicious
Reliant public transportation!!!


I can't wait until the next time!


No comments: